Everyone likes to use a secure website because the user transfers many sensitive data like payment information, sensitive personal info, etc from their browser to the website they visit. Hence, data security while browsing is the most important factor for everybody.
Have you ever observed in the address bar of your browser while browsing a website? Each website will have either Http or Https protocol and those websites which do not have any are more likely to have Http protocol. Http protocol is more popular for its simplicity but data transfer using it is not secure whereas data transfer using Https protocol is more secure.
How does Https Protocol Works?
Https is just a protocol but when it gets wrapped with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or TLS (Transport Layer Security) the communication between client and server becomes secure. A Secure form of Http protocol is Https.
When the user does browsing at that time browser checks the SSL/TLS certificate of the browser. Once it verifies and confirms that the certificate is valid then the browser encrypts the data using the public key of the website. Then data transfer takes place between the client (user’s browser) to the server (website). When data reaches the website it decrypts it using the public key and a secret private key.
Cloudflare is one of the world’s largest networks operating in the internet. It is popular as it increases the security and performance of the website.
Link your Domain with Cloudflare to get FREE HTTPS Protocol for your Website
- Go to https://www.cloudflare.com/If you are a new user then do Sign Up and fill details
- Login to https://www.cloudflare.com/
- Click on “Add a Site” button
- Type your domain name and click on the “Add button” button
- Select the Free plan and click on “Confirm” button
- Click on “Continue” button in “Review your DNS” page
- Go to your Domain provider account (for me is https://in.godaddy.com/ here) to get change the name servers as mentioned in the above image
- Click on “Manage Domains” option as shown in the below image
- Click on “Manage DNS” option for the domain
- Click on “Change” button from “Name Server” section
- Click on “Enter my own nameservers (Advance)” option
- Enter the name servers as shown in the image below and click on “Save” option
- Once done below message will be displayed in your domain provider’s page
- Go back to https://www.cloudflare.com/account
- Click on “Done” and again ‘Done” on the next page also
- Turn On the “Always use https” button as shown below
- Click on “Done” button
- Click on “DNS” option
- Enter your server ip against your domain name
- Select “Page Rule” option
- Click on “Create Page Rule” option
- Create the first rule as shown below
- Create the second rule as shown below